Rigid spiral conveyors are different from flexible screw conveyors because the rigid conveyor tube is made of carbon steel or stainless steel (304 or 316) instead of nylon.
The rotary spiral, like the structural work for loading and unloading the materials, is made of carbon steel or stainless steel (304 or 316) depending on the type of rigid tube being used.
Though the tube is rigid, the spiral is like the flexible type that facilitates adaptation to the granule size of the material being conveyed while faithfully following the tube geometry in cases where there are pressed curves.
Its other constructive characteristics are the same as the flexible screws.
10 reasons for choosing a spiral conveyor:
- Suitability for conveying products with high temperatures;
- Perfect suitability for conveying chemicals/foods if it is made of stainless steel;
- Long-distance movement without need of intermediate support devices for the spiral;
- Self-support between the two bays;
- Option of introducing pressed curves;
- Mechanically simple and durable;
- No powder dispersion;
- Suitable for horizontal and tilted conveyor;
- Loading and unloading at any point of the line.
- Conveyed product can be cooled in cases of the flexible spiral conveyors made without outer jacket for containing coolant.
Upon request the flexible screw conveyor can be designed and built in conformity to ATEX Directive ATEX 2014/34/EU for Zone 2 – 22 and Zone 1 – 21