How our bulk bag conditioning system works
- The bulk bag is reconditioned between two crushing plates to restore it from its “monolithic” condition to the original powder or at least to a granular state.
Each crushing plate is driven horizontally by a pair of hydraulic pressers devices specifically configured to generate adequate pressure on the big bag without breaking it.
- The oversize hydraulic pump is able to ensure the necessary power at all times, even for particularly resistant bulk bags. The compressing action is applied to all four sides of the bulk bag thanks to the pneumatic pallet turner that rotates it by 90° and along the entire length by means of the automatic vertical movement of the two crushing plates.
- Reconditions up to 12 bulk bags/hour
- Always works in total safety for the operators
- Occupies reduced space and height
- No downtime for size change thanks to the possibility to process different sizes of bulk bags with customized PLC programs accessible from the touch panel
- Dust free
- Easy access to all parts of the machine for cleaning
- Needs almost no maintenance
- Construction in painted carbon steel or, on request, in AISI 304 – 316 stainless steel
- Preparatory for subsequent use of special bulk bag emptying stations which can be accessorized with lump breakers and screening systems, to control the final granulometry of the powder and/or presence of any possible foreign bodies.
Upon request the bulk bag conditioners can be designed and built in conformity to ATEX Dir. 94/9/CE for Zone 2-22/Zone 1-21
The bulk bag can be loaded on the special pallet turner either by a forklift or pallet truck, so that the bulk bag conditioner can be installed in very narrow and even elevated spaces. The crushing system is anchored to a rigid frame with closed, self-supporting structure ( certified by Fem Analysis) within which all the high-powered reactions, generated during compression of the bulk bag, are discharged.
The reconditioning cycle
The reconditioning cycle is both manual and fully automatic and programmable via touch panel with customized recipes depending on the type of bulk bag. Automation is achieved with a Siemens S7-1200 PLC. The operator is protected against the risk of crushing by means of four optical barriers with a special safety control unit monitored with a level of protection certified SIL 2 (according to EN 62061) – Cat.3 PLd (EN ISO 13849-1).
On request, it can be equipped with a system of closure on four sides by means of three fixed gates and one that can be opened with safety micro – switch.